Tuesday, June 1, 2010
I am going to try to post something at least once a week maybe more! Thanks again!
Tuesday, May 25, 2010
Here are some things to be aware of to help you realize that your child may have a potential vision problem.
* Consistently sitting too close to the TV or holding a book too close
* Losing his or her place while reading
* Using a finger to follow along while reading
* Tilting the head to see better
* Frequent eye rubbing
* Sensitivity to light
* Excessive tearing
* Closing one eye to read, watch TV, or see better
* Avoiding activities which require near vision, such as reading or homework, or
distance vision, such as participating in sports or other recreational activities
* Complaining of headaches or tired eyes
* Complaining that computer use hurts the eyes
* Receiving lower grades than usual
According to the American Optometric Association, children should have an eye exam by no later than 6 months old, then again by age 3, and just before starting school. School-age children need an exam every two to three years after that if they have no vision problems. But if your child requires corrective lenses, schedule visits every 12 months.
Saturday, November 28, 2009
1. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. And while you walk, breathe deeply, appreciate nature and
smile. It is the ultimate anti-depressant.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. Think only good thoughts, count your blessings, have a grateful heart.
Buy a lock if you have to.
3. When you wake up in the morning complete the following
I am grateful for _____________.
My purpose today is to __________________.
4. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less
food that is manufactured in plants.
5. Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, wild
Alaskan Salmon, broccoli , almonds & walnuts.
6. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
7. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires,
issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot
control. Instead, invest your energy in the positive present moment.
8. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner
like a college kid with no money and a maxed out charge card.
9. Life isn't fair, but it's still good. Dwell on the good.
10. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
11. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
12. You don't have to win every argument. It saves energy to just agree to disagree.
13. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.
14. Don't compare your life to others'. You have no idea what burdens they carry or what
their journey is all about.
15. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
16. Frame every so-called disaster with this question and these words: 'In five
years, will this matter? '
17. Forgive everyone-even those rascals who don't deserve it -- for everything.
18. What other people think of you is none of your business. Be as good as you can be and let them draw their own conclusions.
19. Time and Faith heal everything. Treasure the scars like trophies, but don't scratch them.
20. However good or bad a situation is, it will change. Be aware of that immutable fact.
21. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your family and
friends will. Stay in touch!!!
22. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
23. Each night before you go to bed complete the following
I am thankful for __________.
Today I accomplished _________.
24. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
Sunday, November 22, 2009
Depression is a mental state with feelings of sadness. It can be caused by many different things such as lack of activity, which can cause more than just depression it effects the mind and the body. It is often noticed by the change in a persons behavior. It can also be noticed by the way they look physically. There are different stages of depression. The most severe depression can be life threatening with thoughts of suicide, alcohol or drug abuse, and destructive behavior. This is why you need to treat depression before it gets to this point.
There are several different anti depression medications out there, but they all have some sort of side defects. This is a good reason to try other alternatives first!
Before you start anything try to find the reason for the depression. You need to remember that you should start by realizing and accepting the your situation.Here are some ideas.
1 Changing your negative thoughts is the most important thing you need to do. Spending time with friends and talking with others can help a lot. Sometimes just talking to someone else about your problems can help you feel better!
2 Keep yourself busy! Find a hobby, exercise, clean your house, read a good book, or watch a comedy. Do something for someone else. It always helps me if I can help another person by being of service. Just find yourself something to do that well keep your mind busy.
3 Reduce your stress! One of the most common symptoms of depression is sleep disorders. It can be that they sleep to much or not enough which can cause stress. To reduce stress you could try yoga or meditation. You may want to try something a little more simple such as swimming, walking, or any type of exercise. Another good way to relieve stress is to have a message. It is a very effective relaxation technique.
4 Boost your confidence . Sometimes we feel like we are useless or not worth anything. Try doing something for someone else. It always helps me if I can help another person by being of service. You should start a diary. Write down all of the good things you do no matter how small. You might also try getting involved in some social activities.
5 Diet definitely has an important part in the wellness of your mind and body. You need a well balanced meal for good health.
These are just a few ideas for you. If you try these and are not feeling better you should see a professional for help.
Saturday, November 7, 2009
God's Pharmacy! Amazing!
It's been said that God first separated the salt water from the fresh,
made dry land, planted a garden, made animals and fish... All before
making a human. He made and provided what we'd need before we were
born. These are best & more powerful when eaten raw. We're such slow
God left us a great clue as to what foods helps what part of our body!
A sliced carrot looks like the human eye. The pupil, iris and
radiating lines look just like the human eye... And YES, science now
shows carrots greatly enhance blood flow to and function of the eyes.
A tomato has four chambers and is red. The heart has four chambers and
is red. All of the research shows tomatoes are loaded with lycopine
and are indeed pure heart and blood food.
Grapes hang in a cluster that has the shape of the heart. Each grape
looks like a blood cell and all of the research today shows grapes are
also profound heart and blood vitalizing food.
A walnut looks like a little brain, a left and right hemisphere,
upper cerebrums and lower cerebellums. Even the wrinkles or folds on
the nut are just like the neo-cortex. We now know walnuts help develop
more than three dozen neuron-transmitters for brain function.
Kidney Beans actually heal and help maintain kidney function and yes,
they look exactly like the human kidneys.
Celery, Bok Choy, Rhubarb and many more look just like bones. These
foods specifically target bone strength. Bones are 23% sodium and these
foods are 23% sodium. If you don't have enough sodium in your diet, the
body pulls it from the bones, thus making them weak. These foods
replenish the skeletal needs of the body.
Avocadoes, Eggplant and Pears target the health and function of the
womb and cervix of the female - they look just like these organs.
Today's research shows that when a woman eats one avocado a week, it
balances hormones, sheds unwanted birth weight, and prevents cervical
cancers. And how profound is this? It takes exactly nine (9) months to
grow an avocado from blossom to ripened fruit. There are over 14,000
photolytic chemical constituents of nutrition in each one of these foods
(modern science has only studied and named about 141 of them).
Figs are full of seeds and hang in twos when they grow. Figs increase
the mobility of male sperm and increase the numbers of Sperm as well to
overcome male sterility.
Sweet Potatoes look like the pancreas and actually balance the
glycemic index of diabetics.
Olives assist the health and function of the ovaries.
Oranges, Grapefruits, and other Citrus fruits look just like the
mammary glands of the female and actually assist the health of the
breasts and the movement of lymph in and out of the breasts.
Onions look like the body's cells. Today's research shows onions help
clear waste materials from all of the body cells. They even produce
tears which wash the epithelial layers of the eyes. A working companion,
Garlic, also helps eliminate waste materials and dangerous free radicals
from the body.
So how about we pay attention to what God has put here for us!!!
Its cold and flu season again! So here are some home remedies to fight off these viruses!
1. A very well known remedy is Vitamin C. It is suggested that this time of year you should take 1,000 mg 3 times
a daily. It will help reduce the oxidative stress on cells. Zinc is similar to vitamin C. Try some of it also.
2. Beta Carotene is also very good. Drink carrot juice, just one 8 ounce glass can help you fight off the flu. This herb helps the mucus membranes fight off the germs in the nose.
3. A less known herb that strengthens the immune system is Rosehips. It has antioxidants and is very easy to prpare.
Just put 2 tablespoons of rosehips to boiling water and let it soak for 10 minutes. You may want to repeat do this several times a day during the flu season.
Sunday, October 4, 2009
Now when there are flu and virus problems all around us, we need all the protection we can get! Here are some recipes for disinfecting spray that you can make at home and they don’t contain all the dangerous chemicals other sprays have.
Germ-Killing Essential Oil Mist
This one only takes a few minutes to make
- 4–8 drops essential oil (I suggest the known-antiseptic essential oils listed below)
- 1 cup purified or distilled water
Combine ingredients in a spray bottle; shake to blend.
Use liberally on non-staining surfaces or simply spray upward in the center of the room, being sure to avoid contact with eyes.
Concentrated 3-Essential-Oil Base (enough for 5 cups of disinfecting spray)
Use an eyedropper to place the following in a small glass jar with a lid (a baby food jar is ideal):
- 20 drops sweet orange essential oil
- 10 drops lavender essential oil
- 10 drops eucalyptus essential oil
Mix well. To use, add 4–8 drops of this base to one cup of purified or distilled water in a spray bottle, shaking to mix. Store in a cool, dark place.
6 Germ-Killing Essential Oils
You can change the essential oil blend of the formulas above as you like, but the following list of essential oils are known to be highly antiseptic. (Interestingly, many of the most germ-killing plants are also used as spices in cooking.)
- Cinnamon - cozy, comforting
- Clove - spicy, warming
- Lavender - relaxing, soothing
- Rosemary - invigorating
- Thyme - refreshing, purifying, herbal, peppery
- Balsam pine - purifying, vitality-promoting
** Always remember to clearly mark your bottles. So you always know what’s in them.