Sunday, April 5, 2009

STOP A COUGH!!

VICKS VAPORUB...TRY IT, IT WORKS

I wish I'd known this when my family was young during winter colds and
coughs. I am going to try it myself. Share with young parents.
Some of us have used Vicks Vaporub for years for everything from chapped
lips to sore toes and many body parts in between. But I've never heard
of this. And don't laugh, it works 100% of the time although the
scientists at the Canada Research council (who discovered it) aren't sure why.

To stop night time coughing in a child put Vicks Vaporub generously on the bottom of the feet at bedtime, then cover with socks. Even persistent, heavy, deep coughing will stop in about 5 minutes and stay stopped for many, many hours of relief. Works 100% of the time and is more effective in children than
even very strong prescription cough medicines. In addition it is extremely soothing and comforting and they will sleep soundly.
Cough medicines in kids often do more harm than good due to the chemical makeup of these strong drugs. It was found to be more effective than prescribed medicines for children at bedtime, in addition to having a soothing and calming effect on sick children they also went on to sleep soundly.
It feels like a warm blanket envelopes you, coughing stops in a few
minutes and believe me, and they can sleep cough-free for hours every night that they use it. If you have children or grandchildren, pass it on. If you end up sick, try it yourself and you will be absolutely amazed by the effect.

3 comments:

  1. your blog is so cute Julia.....the pictures that you have on your post are not showing........

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to try this with brandon tonight, I didnt get much sleep last night with all of his coughing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did this all winter with my kids and their colds. It helped them totally relax and feel more comfortable. They did sleep through the night better.

    ReplyDelete