Saturday, September 5, 2009

Just an FYI

I recently had a scary thing happen to me and because of that I would like to share it with you. The reason is to help you be informed so that the same thing wont happen to you!

About a month ago I saw some streaks of light or flashes of light in my left eye. I thought it was no big deal and it would go away. They continued for most of the day. Then the next day it seemed blurry like something was in my eye. This continued for a few weeks. Then I noticed that I was not able to see out of the bottom part of my eye (it was like a shadow was there)
I called the eye Dr. and he sent me straight to the hospital for emergency surgery!! I had a detached retina and they said I was very lucky that i had not lost total sight in that eye. If I had gone in when it first happened I could have had a simple laser treatment in the office and been done with it. But because I waited I had to undergo surgery! They had to put a needle into my eye and put a gas bubble in it to hold the retina in place so it could re adhere itself to the eye and then they used a laser to repair the hole or tear. I had to stay at the same elevation for a week and was not able to go home because the elevation change could have caused the gas to expand and that would have not been good. My eye looks like something out of a horror movie and doesn't feel much better.
So please if you ever experience anything like this GO TO THE EYE DR. RIGHT AWAY!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you stopped by my blog. I cannot believe you had the same retina problem I had, the same laser surgery.
    kim

    ReplyDelete